Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Websites and Resources
Websites and resources
Many of these are government resources or special collections. For a list of free resources organized by subject, visit webliographies compiled by librarians for the journal Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship at http://www.istl.org/webliography-index.html .
- www.archive.org/ - Internet Archive
- DOE e-print network http://www.osti.gov/eprints/ (US Dept of Energy)
- DOE research reports - http://www.osti.gov/scitech/ (US Dept of Energy)
- DOE PAGES(Beta) - http://www.osti.gov/pages/ (US Dept of Energy) - free access to DOE-affiliated scholarly articles and reports on energy and science
- http://dspace.mit.edu/ - repository of MIT intellectual output
- Eric Weisstein's World of Science contains budding encyclopedias of astronomy, scientific biography, chemistry, and physics. It is written and maintained by the author as a public service for scientific knowledge and education, and has explanations for technical subjects that are both clear and accessible. http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/
- ethos.bl.uk/Home.do - theses from United Kingdom
- http://www.iaea.org/inis/ International Nuclear Information System on peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology. Limit to full text.
- Jane’s www.janes.com
- http://kmoddl.library.cornell.edu/ (mechanical models demonstrating kinematics from Cornell University)
- http://lhldigital.lindahall.org/ Linda Hall Library digital collections (historic)
- http://www.martindalecenter.com/Calculators.html - 22,000 science and engineering calculators
- MathWorldTM is the web's most extensive mathematical resource, provided as a free service to the world's mathematics and internet communities as part of a commitment to education and educational outreach by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica. http://mathworld.wolfram.com/
- Online Writing Lab from Purdue University http://owl.english.purdue.edu/
- http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/ Technical Reports from Hewlett-Packard laboratories
- http://www.nap.edu/ - US National Academies Press
- US National Academies Press TRB (Transportation Research Board) reports - http://www.nap.edu/ (search for TRB)
- http://www.usa.gov/ US federal government resources
- http://xxx.lanl.gov/ e-prints in physics, math, computer science, biology, finance and statistics