Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
GOBI Notifications—Alerts for Faculty
EBSCO GOBI, our academic book vendor, provides customized lists of newly published books in each discipline or interest area. These lists are primarily based on Library of Congress call number ranges. Permanent faculty will receive notices from GOBI. Ask Alia Al-Harasi to set up your profile with GOBI.
These messages are called "GOBI (Global Online Bibliographic Information) Notifications" because they come from EBSCO’s GOBI system. The emails will come with the following "from" and "subject" lines:
Subject: GOBI Notification: [New books-your department]- [# of slips] items for period ##/##/2018 - ##/##/2018
- After clicking on the link provided in the email, you should see a list of titles in your discipline.
- You may mark individual titles by clicking on the white vertical bar immediately to the left of the bibliographic record. This bar should turn dark blue.
- You then must click on Recommend in the menu on the left side of the screen. This will put your marked items in the select cart for us to retrieve. If you do not click recommend, we will not see your selections and your selections will not be ordered.
- After recommending titles, you will see Title Recommended at the top of the record. This is your confirmation.
- In the Library Note field at the very bottom of each record, you may click on the blue "Add" and input a note to us. This is a good place to record if you want us to notify you, or if you want the book charged to a special account