Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Google Search Tips
Googling is so simple and you don’t have to be an expert to get great search results.
But,these search tips may help you to find quick answers
For many searches, Google will do the work for you and show an answer to your question in the search results.
- Weather: Search "Weather" to see the weather in your location or add a city name, like "Weather Abu Dhabi", to find weather for a certain place.
- Dictionary: Put Define in front of any word to see its definition.
- Calculations: Enter a math equation like 3*456, or solve complex graphing equations.
- Unit conversions: Enter any conversion, like 10 Dollars in AED
- Sports: Search for the name of your team to see a schedule, game scores and more. Eg: Real Madrid
- Flight Status: Just enter flight number Eg: EY 408
- Founded : To find the year in which an organization is founded : Eg: Khalifa Univesity ,founded
- File Type : You can search only for pdf or dox or other file type . Eg. UAE filetype:pdf
- Site : You can reestrict your search to a particular site only site: http://www.kustar.ac.ae
- Info : Get information about a web address, including the cached version of the page, similar pages, and pages that link to the site. Example: Info: kustar.ac.ae
Create Google alert
Create a Google Alert Without a Google Account
The steps below are how to create a Google alert without using a Google account.
- Go to the Google Alerts home page.
Over on the right is a series of boxes (form) to fill in.
- The top box is where you fill in what you want to be alerted about.
You can fill in your domain name, company name, keywords you want to monitor, or anything else you want.
- The second step is to select what type of alert you want.
Your choices are:
For the most instances leave the default of Everything.
- Next is how often you want to be notified.
The choices for the frequency you receive your Google alert are:
- as-it-happens – Receive your alert as soon as Google finds an instance of your alert.
- once a day – As it says, you receive a Google alert email once a day. (selected by default)
- once a week – Again, as it says, you receive your Google alert email once a week.
If you want to keep right on top of when your phrase is found, select as-it-happens.
- Email length is how many results in the emailed alert to you want at a time.
You have 2 choices:
- Only the best results
- All results
Select All results to get a comprehensive list of notices. Noticed with Only the best results selected it was difficult to get notices for every mention of websites monitored so if you are using this for checking backlinks or reputation monitoring the All results would be better.
- The last box before submitting is for your email address you want the Google Alerts sent to.
Enter your email adddress in the box provided. It does not have to be a Gmail email address.
- Check over your selections.
- The last step is to left click the Create Alert button at the bottom of the form.
That’s it, you are done!
Now you will start receiving Google Alerts in your email.
Search the full text of books
Search for images on the web
Search thousands of news stories
Search for videos on the web
View maps and directions
Explore the world from your computer
Explore past and present search trends