Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CWTS Leiden Ranking
CWTS Leiden Ranking
"The CWTS Leiden Ranking 2013 measures the scientific performance of 500 major universities worldwide. Using a sophisticated set of bibliometric indicators, the ranking aims to provide highly accurate measurements of the scientific impact of universities and of universities’ involvement in scientific collaboration. The CWTS Leiden Ranking 2013 is based on Web of Science indexed publications from the period 2008–2011."
Times Higher Education
Times Higher Education World University Rankings
The THE World University Rankings provide overall world top 200 rankings, banded lists of a further 200 "best of the rest" universities, top 50 institutions by subject (engineering & technology, arts & humanities, clinical, pre-clinical & health, life sciences, physical sciences, social sciences), rankings by region.
Methodology uses 13 performance indicators, grouped into the following 5 areas:
- 30% Teaching — the learning environment (reputational survey - teaching, PHD awards per academic, undergraduates admitted per academic, income per academic, PHD awards/bachelor awards)
- 30% Research — volume, income and reputation (papers per academic and research student, reputational survey - research, scaled research income)
- 30% Citations — research influence (normalised average citations per paper)
- 2.5% Industry Income — innovation (research income from industry per academic)
- 7.5% International Outlook — ratio of international to domestic staff, ratio of international to domestic students, proportion of international co-authored research papers
QS World University Rankings
The QS World University Rankings currently considers over 2,000 and evaluates over 700 universities in the world, ranking the top 400.
- 40% Academic Reputation from global survey
- 10% Employer Reputation from global survey
- 20% Citations per Faculty from Scopus
- 20% Faculty/Student Ratio
- 5% proportion of International Students
- 5% proportion of International Faculty
Shanghai Jiao Tong University ARWU Ratings
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Academic Ranking of World Universities
Shanghai Jiao Tong University Academic Ranking of World Universities first published in June 2003 by the Center for World-Class Universities and the Institute of Higher Education of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, and then updated on an annual basis.
- 10% Alumni winning Nobel Prizes and Fields medals
- 20% Staff winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals
- 20% number of highly cited researchers selected by Thomson Scientific and included in their database, Essential Science Indicators
- 20% number of articles published in the journals, Nature and Science
- 20% number of articles indexed in Science Citation Index - Expanded and Social Sciences Citation Index
- 10% per capita academic performance with respect to the size of an institution