Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Link of a Plagiarism Guide
Why do you need to cite?
It is very important to cite the sources you have used to write your assignment. If you don't, you will be accused of plagiarising, an offence that has negative consequences.
The most important reasons for citing are:
- To honor the rights of the author of the original work. This is referred to as copyright.
- To give credit to the author of the original work.
- To enable a faculty member or researcher to locate and check the original sources you have used.
- To help readers who are interested to know more about your subject.
- To facilitate the research process and enable others to follow up on your work.