Your researcher profile is an individual Internet profile that provides a user firendly and efficient way of showcasing your work. Managing your research profile is very imporant to maxmise the the visibility of all your research and ensure that all your publications are captured and documented. Doing so effectively is increasingly important to your organization, funding bodies and government and helps to generate research impact.
Web of Science
1. Go to Web of Science
2. Search for Khalifa University in the Address field
3. Choose Analyse Results
4. Choose the following options and click Analyse:
- Rank the records by this field: Authors
- Set display option: Top 500
- Sort by: Record count
5. Select each author in the Faculty
6. Select View Records
7. On the results fpage, choose Create Citation Report to generate the graphs and metrics for the Faculty
1. Go to Scopus
2. Click on Affiliation search tab
3. Search for Khalifa University
4. Select all the Khalifa University affiliations
5. Click Show documents
6. Click the box for All to select all results
7. Click View citation overview
8. Enter your email address and the Date Range and a CSV file download will be sent to you
In an increasingly competitive research and scholarship environment, how do you distinguish yourself from someone? If your institutional affiliation and/or contact information changes, how is the link between you and your scholarly work maintained? The solution is creating a researcher profile.
A profile pulls all your research and publications together in one place, mitigating common problems that often arise in searching. Such problems can include variations in authors' names or difficulty in narrowing a search down easily when an author has a common name.
If a researcher has worked with multiple granting agencies, research groups, or institutions, a research profile will also make their research easier to find.
Unique author identifiers are useful for the following reasons: